- Ground-motion model is: where A is in g, for average horizontal PGA and 4 < M < 6 α = -1.98, β = 0.365, b = -0.0039 and
σ = 0.30, for larger horizontal PGA and 4 < M < 6 α = -1.72, β = 0.327, b = -0.0043 and σ = 0.30 and
for both horizontal PGAs and 2 < M < 6 α = -2.28, β = 0.386, b = 0 and σ = 0.29.
- Find that Icelandic data does not fit other published relations.
- Find equation using only records with M ≥ 4.0, h equal to focal depth and both the horizontal components.
- Find equation using only records with M ≥ 4.0, h equal to focal depth and larger horizontal component.
- Also repeated with all data. Anelastic coefficient constrained to zero because otherwise positive.
- Also done with h free.
- Note that large earthquakes have h ≈ 10km while small events have h ≈ 5km.