- Ground-motion model is: where PGA is in gal, b1 = 4.73, b2 = 0.52, b3 = -0.00216, h is mean focal depth of group into which each
earthquake is classified and σ = 0.67.
- Most records from distances between 10km and 40km.
- Correction technique based on uniform Caltech correction procedure. Most (125) were automatically
digitised, rest were manually digitised. Roll-on and cutoff frequencies of Ormsby filter were selected by
adopting a record dependent criteria. Cutoff frequencies range between 0.13Hz and 1.18Hz with a median
- Records included from analysis were from free-field stations. Excluded those not complete (e.g. started
during strong-motion phase). Excluded those with epicentral distances greater than that of first
- Note relatively small influence of form of equation adopted although two step method seems preferable.
- Note correction procedure plays a relevant role in analysis.
- Note using d instead of R causes greater scatter in data.
- Note moderate underestimation for low magnitude in near field and for high magnitude in far field.