- Ground-motion model is: where Y is in g, β0 = -3.15, β1 = 0, β2 = 0, β3 = 0, β4 = 0.0150, β5 = -0.000995, a1 = 0.683, a2 = 0.647,
a3 = 0.0586, a4 = 0.27, a5 = -0.105, a6 = 0.620 and σ = 0.50.
- Uses two site categories:
- Quaternary deposits (soil).
- Tertiary or older sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous deposits (rock).
Also includes depth to basement rock (km), D.
- Uses two fault mechanisms:
- Reverse, reverse-oblique, thrust, and thrust-oblique.
Recommends use F = 0.5 for normal or unknown mechanisms.
- Gives estimates of average minimum depths to top of seismogenic rupture zone.
- Uses stochastic simulation model to find anelastic coefficients β4 and β5 because uses only near-source
- Uses weighted nonlinear regression method based on Campbell (1981) to control dominance of