- Ground-motion model is: where Acc is in cm∕s2, α is the azimuth of the site with respect to energy propagation pattern, b = 3.49556,
bM = 1.35431, C = 30, bR = -1.58527, a = 1.2 and σ = 0.48884 (definitions of t and g are not given).
- Correct PGAs for local site effects so that PGAs used correspond to a site with a shear-wave velocity of
700m∕s. Do not state how this is performed.
- Most records from SMA-1s.
- Not all records from free-field.
- Records from strong intermediate depth earthquakes in Vrancea region.
- Focal depths, 89.1 ≤ h ≤ 131km.
- For each of the four earthquakes, calculate coefficents in equation lnAcc = b0 + b1 ln(Re∕ρ), the main
direction of energy propagation and the relation between the semi-axes of the ellipse in two orthogonal
directions (a : b).
- Also calculate coefficents in equation lnAcc = b+bMM+bR ln(Rh+C) for different azimuth by normalising
the values of Re∕ρ by the azimuth. Give coefficients for Bucharest, Valeni and Cerna Voda.
- Note that uncertainty is high and suggest this is because of distribution of data with respect to M, Re
and h, the use of data processed in different ways, soil-structure interaction and the use of an approximate
correction method for local site effects.