- Ground-motion model is: where Y is in g, b1 = 0.156, b2 = 0.229, b3 = 0, b4 = 0, b5 = -0.945, b6 = 0.077, h = 5.57,
σ = where σ1 = 0.216, σ2 = 0, for randomly orientated component σ3 = 0.094 and for
geometric mean σ3 = 0.
- Use two site categories (following classification of Joyner and Boore (1981)):
Γ = 0
- Rock: 35 records
Γ = 1
- Soil: 93 records
- Applicable for extensional regimes, i.e. those regions where lithosphere is expanding areally.
- Reject records from structures of more than two storeys or from deeply embedded basements or those
which triggered on S wave.
- Include records from those instruments beyond cutoff distance, i.e. beyond first instrument which did not
- Correction technique based on uniform correction and processing. Determine passband for filtering based
on visual inspection of Fourier amplitude spectra and doubly-integrated displacements. Apply instrument
- Not enough data to be able to find all coefficients so use b2 and b3 from Boore et al. (1994a)
- Note that should only be used in distance range 0 to 70km because further away ground motions tend to
be over predicted.