- Ground-motion model is: PGA is in g, b0 = 0.518, b1 = 0.387, b2 = -0.00256, b4 = 0.335, h = 11.29 and σ = 0.237.
- Use two site categories:
S = 0
- Lava: 38 records
S = 1
- Ash: 60 ≲ V s ≲ 200m∕s, 13 records
- Depths between 4 and 14km with average 9.6km (standard deviation 2.3km). Limit of 15km chosen to
differentiate between large tectonic earthquakes and deeper mantle events.
- Attenuation greater than for western USA due to highly fractured volcanic pile.
- Peak acceleration measured directly from accelerograms. Check against one from corrected records, small
- Excludes records triggered on S-wave and those beyond cutoff distance (the distance to first nontriggered
- Does weighted and unweighted least squares analysis; find some differences.