- Ground-motion model is:
where Y is in cm∕s2 and when using Mw: a = 0.920, b = 1.128, c = -0.997, h = 8.839, d = 0.643,
e = 0.088, g = -0.196 and σ = 0.647.
- Use 3 site classes:
- Rock and stiff soil, V s > 800m∕s. SB = SC = 0.
- Shallow loose deposits, V s < 400m∕s. SB = 1, SC = 0.
- Deep medium-dense deposits, 400 ≤ V s ≤ 800m∕s. SC = 1, SB = 0.
- Consider 2 mechanisms:
FM = 0
- Thrust and strike-slip faulting.
FM = 1
- Normal faulting.
- Only select earthquakes recorded by ≥ 3 stations.
- Exclude non-free-field stations and those with unknown site conditions.
- Use repi because surface geology in Italy and Greece rarely shows evident seismogenic faults.
- Note differences in the coefficients depending on whether Mw or Ms is used.