- Ground-motion model is:
where Y is in cm∕s2, C1 = 0.00215, C2 = 0.581, C3 = -0.00414, h = 0.00871 × 100.5Mw from the square
root of the expected rupture area and σ = 0.79 (in terms of natural logarithms not common logarithms).
- Select data from events with ML > 5 and focal depths < 35km to restrict interest to large shallow
earthquakes, which cause most damage.
- Focal depths between 1.40 and 34.22km.
- Relocate events using available data.
- Develop empirical relationship to convert ML to Mw.
- Develop relation for use in near real-time (within 2min) mapping of PGA following an earthquake.
- Select records from the Taiwan Rapid Earthquake Information Release System (TREIRS) and records
from the TSMIP if rrup < 30km so as not to bias the results at larger distances by untriggered instruments.
- Most data from 50 ≤ dr ≤ 200km and 5 ≤ Mw ≤ 6.
- Compute site correction factors for TSMIP stations (since these sites have not been well classified), S,
by averaging residuals between observed and predicted values. After applying these site amplifications in
regression analysis obtain reduced σ of 0.66.
- Display inter-event residuals w.r.t. Mw before and after site correction.