- Ground-motion model is:
where A is in g, b0 = -1.939, b1 = 0.278, b2 = -0.858 and σ = 0.259 for horizontal PGA and b0 = -2.367,
b1 = 0.244, b2 = -0.752 and σ = 0.264 for vertical PGA.
- Use two site categories: bedrock (S = 0) and sediments (S = 1) but found the coefficient b3 in the term
+b3S is close to zero so repeat analysis constraining b3 to 0.
- Records from SSA-1 instruments.
- Carefully inspect and select records.
- Do not use record from the Aqaba (M = 7.2) earthquake because it is very far and was only recorded at
- Do not use records from buildings or dams because they are affected by response of structure.
- Instrument correct records. Apply bandpass filter (0.1 to 25Hz) to some low-quality records.
- Do regression using only records from earthquakes with 4.8 ≤ M ≤ 5.8 and also using only records from
earthquakes with 3.5 ≤ M ≤ 4.5.
- Most data from M ≤ 5 and r ≤ 100km.
- Note that use a small set of records and so difficult to judge reliability of derived equation.