- Ground-motion model is:
where y is in gal, a = 108.60, b = 0.265, c = 0.808 and σ = 0.236 (in terms of logarithm to base 10).
- Records from sites underlain by cohesive or cohesionless soils with shear-wave velocities less than about
100m∕s and/or standard penetration resistance N ≤ 10 in uppermost 10m with layers of considerably
stiffer materials either immediately below or at depths not exceeding a few tens of metres.
- Focal depths between 9 and 100km.
- Free-field accelerograms, to minimize soil-structure interaction.
- Excludes records with PGA < 0.4m∕s2.
- 21 Japanese records processed with frequency cutoffs of bandpass filter, for baseline correction, adjusted
so as to account for length and mean sampling rate of records and response characteristics of SMAC-2. 4
of remaining 7 records processed in same way.