- Ground-motion model is:
where y is in cm∕s2, a = 0.41296, b = 0.0003, c1 = 0.5120, c2 = 0.3983, c3 = 0.2576, c4 = 0.1962,
c5 = 0.1129 and σ = 0.2331.
- Data from ARM1 and ARM2 vertical borehole arrays of the Hualien LSST array at: surface (use c1),
5.3m (use c2), 15.8m (use c3), 26.3m (use c4) and 52.6m (use c5). Surface geology at site is massive
unconsolidated poorly bedded Pleistocene conglomerate composed of pebbles varying in diameter from 5
to 20cm, following 5m is mainly composed of fine and medium sand followed by a gravel layer of 35m.
- Apply these criteria to achieve uniform data: ML > 5, focal depth < 30km and 0.42ML - log(X +
0.025100.42ML - 0.0033X + 1.22 > log 10 from a previous study.
- Most records from ML < 6.
- Bandpass filter records with cut-offs at 0.08 and 40Hz.
- Propose Ms = 1.154ML - 1.34.
- Some comparisons between records and predicted spectra are show for four groups of records and find a
good match although for the group ML6.75 and X = 62km find a slight overestimation, which believe is
due to not modelling nonlinear magnitude dependence.
- Coefficients for vertical equations not reported.