- Ground-motion model is [adopted from Boore et al. (1997)]:
- Use V s,30 to characterize site.
- Use data of Boore et al. (1997).
- Develop Bayesian regression method to account for parameter uncertainty in measured accelerations (due
to orientation of instrument) (coefficient of variation of ~ 0.30, based on analysis of recorded motions)
and magnitudes (coefficient of variation of ~ 0.10, based on analysis of reported Mw by various agencies)
to better understand sources of uncertainty and to reduce model variance.
- Do not report coefficients. Only compare predictions with observations and with predictions by model
of Boore et al. (1997) for Mw7.5 and V s,30 = 750m∕s. Find slightly different coefficients than Boore
et al. (1997) but reduced model standard deviations.