- Ground-motion models are:
where acceleration is in m∕s2, a = -1.95600, b = 9.59878, c = -4.87778 and σ = 0.4591, and:
where a = -1.96297, b = 0.89343, c = -2.65660 and σ = 0.4596.
- Select data from SIL database with MLw > 3.5 in latitude range 63.5 to 64.3∘N and longitude range 18
to 23.5∘W between July 1992 and April 2007.
- Exclude data where several earthquakes are superimposed and retain only ‘clean’ waveforms.
- Most data from 5Hz Lennarz seismometers. Some from 1Hz and long-period instruments. Sampling
frequency is 100Hz.
- Use data from SW Iceland plus data from Reykjanes Ridge and Myrdalsjokull volcano.
- Investigate decay in several individual earthquakes and fit equations of form log y = alog R + b. Note that
relations are well behaved so fit entire dataset.