- Ground-motion model is:
where Y is in g, a = -4.417, b = 0.770, c = -1.097, D = 0, D1 = 0.123, σeve = 0.069 and σrec = 0.339
for horizontal PGA and intra-event sigma; a = -4.128, b = 0.722, c = -1.250, D = 0, D1 = 0.096,
σeve = 0.085 and σrec = 0.338 for vertical PGA and intra-event sigma; a = -4.367, b = 0.774, c = -1.146,
D = 0, D1 = 0.119, σsta = 0.077 and σrec = 0.337 for horizontal PGA and intra-station sigma; and
a = -4.066, b = 0.729, c = -1.322, D = 0, D1 = 0.090, σsta = 0.105 and σrec = 0.335.
- Use two site categories (s1,2) because insufficient information to use more:
- Rock. Average V s > 800m∕s. 10 stations.
- Soil. Average V s < 800m∕s. Includes all kinds of superficial deposits, from weak rocks to alluvial
deposits although they are mainly shallow alluvium and soft rock (600-700m∕s) sites. 27 stations.
- Use data from the 2002–2003 Molise sequence from various agencies.
- Use data from accelerometers (SMA-1, 3 stations; RFT-250, 2 stations; Episensor, 10 stations) and
velocimeters (CMG-40T, 4 stations; Lennartz 1s, 5 stations; Lennartz 5s, 13 stations).
- Select data with M > 2.7.
- Baseline and instrument correct records from analogue accelerometric instruments and filter in average
bandpass 0.5–20Hz after visual inspection of the Fourier amplitude spectra. Baseline correct records from
digital accelerometric instruments and filter in average bandpass 0.2–30Hz after visual inspection of the
Fourier amplitude spectra. Instrument correct records from digital velocimetric instruments and filter in
average bandpass 0.5–25Hz after visual inspection of the Fourier amplitude spectra.
- Most data from rhypo < 40km and almost all velocimetric data from 20-30km.
- Most focal depths between 10 and 30km.
- Relocate events using manual picks of P and S phases and a local velocity model.
- Compute MLs using velocimetric data.
- Note that small value of σeve suggests that the calibrated local magnitudes and relocated hypocentral
locations are accurate.
- Note that small value of σsta suggests that the site classification is correct.
- Note that records from accelerometric and velocimetric instruments are similar.