- Ground-motion model is:
where A is in cm∕s2, c1 = -1.3489, c2 = 1.0095, b = 0.1956, c3 = 0.1272 and σ = 0.20.
- Use data from one station.
- Data from rockbursts in mines in the Kolar Gold Fields.
- Exclude records with rhypo < 1km due to large change in PGAs in near-source region.
- Regress data using log(A) = -blog(X)+c for data binned in 5 0.2 magnitude unit bins from 2.0 upwards.
- Also regress data using log(A) = aM - blog(X) + c.
- Also regress using log(A) = c1 + c2M -bc4 log(X + ec3M) (sic) but find c4 has a very large standard error
so remove it.
- Compare predictions and observations for M2.1, 2.3, 2.5, 2.7 and 2.9.