- Ground-motion model is:
σ not reported.
- Use average V s to characterise sites.
- Use data of Gülkan and Kalkan (2002) (see Section 2.193 for details) to derive model because it is most
reliable (based on neural network prediction using training, 80% of records, and testing, remaining 20% of
records, sets) of available datasets from Turkey.
- Use genetic programming (soft computing) approach (using software GeneXTools by Gepsoft) to derive
- Compare predicted and observed PGAs in the form of a scatter plot.
- Compare predicted and observed PGAs w.r.t. for 1999 Kocaeli (Mw7.4) earthquake.