- Ground-motion model is:
where Y is in cm∕s2, a = 1.12, b = 0.34, c = -0.89, d = 0.16, e = -0.065, h = 5.0 and σ = 0.19 (when
using repi) and a = 1.44, b = 0.27, c = -0.87, d = 0.16, e = -0.016, h = 5.8 and σ = 0.18 (when using
rjb). h values taken from Sabetta and Pugliese (1987).
- Use 3 site classes:
- S1 = S2 = 0
- S1 = 1, S2 = 0
- S2 = 1, S1 = 0.
- Use data of Sabetta and Pugliese (1987).
- Derive model to show concept of conditional hazard maps.
- Find that maximum-likelihood regression leads to similar coefficients.
- Test significance of e using Student t-test and find that the null hypothesis that it equals zero cannot be
rejected at 5%.
- Use Shapiro and Wilk test to check that residuals are normally distributed. Results (not shown) indicate
that the null hypothesis of normality cannot be rejected at 5% significance level.