- Ground-motion model is:
where Y is in gal, a1 = 3.24857, a2 = -2.27216, a3 = 2.7529, a4 = 1.12783, a5 = -2.21827, a6 = 360.46122,
a7 = -1, a8 = -0.05307 and a9 = -0.0484 (σ is not given).
- Very similar to study of Wan Ahmad et al. (2015) but coefficients are different.
- Use data from stations operated by Malaysian Meteorological Department from between 2004 and 2012.
- More than 200 records available. Exclude poor quality records, those from distances outside targeted range
and those from earthquakes with non-strike-slip mechanisms.
- Focal depths, H, between 10 and 40.63km.
- Earthquakes occurred along Sumatran, Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak faults.
- All earthquakes with Mw ≥ 6.6 except two events with Mw3.53 and 3.78.