- Ground-motion model is:
where PGA is in g, V ref = 760m∕s, a1 = -16.16, a2 = 1.5ln10, a3 = -0.6, τ = 0.45 (inter-event), ϕ = 0.86
(intra-event) and σ = 0.97 (total).
- Characterise sites by V s,30. 5 are measured values and 5 are from topographic slope.
- Data from 10 central stations of Anza network (BZN, CRY, FRD, KNW, LVA2, PFO, RDM, SND, TRO
and WMC) from 1997 to 2010. Instruments are STS-2 100 samples per second broadband velocimeters
with corner frequency of 0.0083Hz. Instrument correct. Use only A-quality data. Only use earthquakes
recorded by ≥ 5 stations with rhypo ≤ 20km.
- All coefficients except a1 are fixed a priori based on physical considerations.
- Do not consider anelastic attenuation because data from short distances.
- Find no trends in residuals (total, event and within-event) w.r.t. magnitude.
- Split residuals into various components: event residuals (split further into average location residual and
the remainder) and within-event residual (split further into average site residual, average path residual