- Ground-motion model is:
where PGA is in g, a1 = 5.391 ± 0.28, a2 = 0.121 ± 0.01, a3 = 0.356 ± 0.025, a4 = -0.465 ± 0.008,
a5 = 0.056±0.01, a6 = -0.007±0.0, a7 = -0.013±0.0, Mh = 6.5, Rh = 300, Mmax = 8, τ = 0.52±0.063
(inter-event) and σ = 0.81 ± 0.036 (total).
- Data from rock and soil sites but do not include site terms in model because of lack of data.
- Data from Indian Himalaya taken from PESMOS, Virtual Data Centre (VDC) and Indian and GNSS
- Data from VDC baseline corrected and bandpass filtered between 0.75–0.9 and 25–27Hz. Data from
PESMOS and ISGN bandpass filtered with cut-offs of 0.1 and 25Hz using 4th order Butterworth filter.
- Reject data from Mw < 5 and > 200km because of low signal-to-noise ratios.
- Use rhypo because insufficient information on rupture planes.
- Use Monte Carlo method to estimate standard errors in coefficients.
- Choose functional form through residual analysis of previously-published models.