- Ground-motion model is: where y is in g, a = -2.817, b = 0.702, d = -1.20, h1 = 0.0921, h2 = 0.584, e1 = 0.32, e2 = 0.52, e3 = 0.41,
e4 = -0.85, e5 = -1.14, e6 = 0.87, e7 = 0.068 and σ = 0.30.
- Uses two site categories:
K3 = 1
- Soils ≤ 10m deep.
K3 = 0
- Uses three embedment categories:
K4 = 1, K5 = 0
- Basements of buildings 3–9 storeys.
K5 = 1, K4 = 0
- Basements of buildings ≥ 10 storeys.
K4 = 0, K5 = 0
- Selects data using these criteria:
- Largest horizontal component of peak acceleration was ≥ 0.02g [≥ 0.2m∕s2].
- Accelerograph triggered early enough to record strongest phase of shaking.
- Magnitude of earthquake was ≥ 5.0.
- Closest distance to seismogenic rupture was < 30 or < 50km, depending on whether magnitude of
earthquake was < 6.25 or > 6.25.
- Shallowest extent of seismogenic rupture was ≤ 25km.
- Recording site located on unconsolidated deposits.
- Excludes records from abutments or toes of dams.
- Derives two equations: unconstrained (coefficients given above) and constrained which includes a anelastic
decay term kr which allows equation to be used for predictions outside near-source zone (assumes
k = -0.0059 for regression, a value appropriate for region of interest should be chosen).
- Uses two source mechanism categories:
K1 = 0
K1 = 1
- Uses two directivity categories:
K2 = 1
- Rupture toward site.
K2 = 0