- Ground-motion model is:
where Y is in m∕s2, a = -4.976 ± 0.013, b = 1.281 ± 0.006, c = -1.660 ± 0.008, h = 1.485 ± 0.036,
e = 0.161 ± 0.001, τ = 0.237 (inter-event), ϕ = 0.283 (intra-event) and σ = 0.370.
- Focal roughly uniformly distributed between 0 and 5km.
- Update of Sharma et al. (2013) (see Section 2.375) with much larger set of records, retrieved from the
period 24/07/2007 to 18/11/2010.
- Data from 29 different stations.
- Data roughly uniformly distributed for all Mw and Rhypo up to about 20km. Only a small proportion of
data for larger distances.
- Only use data with signal-to-noise ratio > 10 in frequency range 0.5–35Hz. Instrument correct and remove
mean and trend from records. Bandpass filer with zero-phase shift and 4-pole Butterworth filter with
cut-offs of 0.7 and 35Hz. Retain waveforms within the interval: origin time and time corresponding to 98%
of the total energy (to remove coda). Taper signal with a 0.1% cosine-taper function. Then differentiate
the records and filter again to remove noise introduced due to differentiation.
- Do not include M2 term because of theoretical and observational reasons.
- Site terms (sj) derived from residuals using same approach as Sharma et al. (2013). Find that addition
of these terms improve fit to data. Do not report sj here due to lack of space.
- Find no significant trends in residuals w.r.t. Mw and rhypo.
- Find positive trend in residuals w.r.t. focal depth.