- Ground-motion model is:
- Response parameter is velocity for 5% damping.
- Use two soil conditions:
- Hard rock: geology consists of granite, andesite and shale of Miocene or earlier geological age, having
S wave velocity ≳ 1500m∕s or P wave velocity ≳ 3000m∕s, 60 records
- Rather soft rock: geology consists of mudstone of Pliocene or late Miocene age, having S wave velocity
of about 500–1000m∕s, 35 records.
- Use records where geological and geotechnical conditions investigated in detail and considered to represent
free-field rock motions. Exclude records suspected to be amplified by surface soil or affected by high
- Most records from ≥ 30km.
- Do regression on both site categories separately and give graphs of coefficients not tables.