- See Section 2.45.
- Use data from Joyner and Boore (1982b).
- Response parameter is pseudo-velocity for 5% damping.
- shear-wave velocity not significant, at 90%, for periods 0.1, 0.15 and 0.2s but significant for longer periods.
- Regression using shear-wave velocity and depth to rock shows significant correlation (decreasing ground
motion with increasing depth) for long periods but small coefficients. Short periods do not show significant
- State inappropriate to use depth to rock for present data due to limited correlation and because San
Fernando data is analysed on its own does not show significant correlation.