- Four Ground-motion models: where Y is in g, for model I a = -1.320, b = 0.262, d = -0.913, h = 3.852 and σ = 0.158, for model II
a = -1.115, b = 0.341, c1 = 1.000, c2 = 0.333, d = -1.270 and σ = 0.154, for model III a = -2.000,
b = 0.270, c1 = 0.968, c2 = 0.312, d = 0.160, e = -0.0105 and σ = 0.175 and for model IV a = 1.009,
b = 0.222, d = -1.915 and σ = 0.174.
- Note 25 in Model IV should not be assumed but should be found by regression.
- Note tectonics and travel paths may be different between N. American and foreign records but consider
additional information in near field more relevant.
- Selection procedure composite of Campbell (1981) and Joyner and Boore (1981). Exclude data from
buildings with more than two storeys.
- Weighted least squares, based on distance, applied to control influence of well recorded events (such as
San Fernando and Imperial Valley). Similar to Campbell (1981)
- Test assumption that logarithm of residuals are normally distributed. Cannot disprove assumption.
- Variability between models not more than ±20% at distances > 10km but for distances < 1km up to