- See Section 2.85.
- Response parameter is pseudo-velocity for 5% damping.
- Focal depths, h, between 10 and 238km.
- Notes that spectral database is biased to higher ground motions (because only higher ground motions are
digitised). Suggest either using a different form of equation or impose constraints. Do not do either because
(1) consider sample adequate for regression and (2) although overestimate smaller, more distant motion,
it would properly estimate larger motions which are of greater concern for design applications.
- Sets p3, p5 and p6 to those for PGA equation after trial regressions; does not appreciably affect standard
- Finds relatively larger standard deviation for 3.0 and 4.0s which suggests form of equation may be
inappropriate for longer periods.
- Plots normalised residuals (not shown) which show uniform distribution.