- Ground-motion model is:
- Response parameter is pseudo-acceleration for 5% damping.
- All records from five medium soft soil sites.
- Use mb for M < 6 and Ms otherwise, because mb is more representative of released energy for small
earthquakes and Ms better represents energy release for large earthquakes because mb saturates starting
from M > 6.
- Try including anelastic decay term, β4R but it does not significantly affect standard deviation.
- Also repeat analysis for three other zones. Zone 1: 3 earthquakes, 3 records (5.0 ≤ M ≤ 6.4, 80 ≤ R ≤
156km) for which conclude has too limited data for reliable equation. Zone 3:
11 earthquakes, 13 records (4.5 ≤ M ≤ 7.7, 251 ≤ R ≤ 426km) for which find fits spectra of medium sized
shocks better than large shocks because of lack of data for large earthquakes. Zone 4: 4 earthquakes, 7
records (5.1 ≤ M ≤ 6.2, 356 ≤ R ≤ 573km) for which find β2 is negative and β3 is positive for some periods
(which is nonphysical) which state is due to limited number of earthquakes and their similar epicentral
- Find fit spectra of medium sized earthquakes than large earthquakes because of lack of data from large
- Only give graphs of coefficients.