- Ground-motion model is:
- Response parameter is pseudo-velocity for 5% damping.
- Use three site categories (based on average shear-wave velocity, V s, over top 30m):
- Hard rock or rock: V s > 760m∕s, Gc = 0, Gd = 0, 35 records.
- Very dense soil and soft rock: 360 < V s ≤ 760m∕s, Gc = 1, Gd = 0, 97 records.
- Stiff soil: 180 ≤ V s ≤ 360m∕s, Gc = 0, Gd = 1, 141 records.
- Records from free-field or ground level of structures no more than two storeys in height.
- Smooth coefficients using cubic polynomial.
- Do not give coefficients for all periods.
- Find cannot use equation to predict near-field ground motions.