- Ground-motion model is:
- Response parameter is acceleration for 5% damping.
- Use data from KiK-Net at hard rock sites with shear-wave velocity V s ≥ 2.0km∕s at surface and/or in
borehole. Select records from 161 sites (out of 670 sites of KiK-Net) where spectral ratio between surface
and borehole records ≤ 2 at periods > 1s. Note that preferable to use higher velocity (3.0km∕s) but as
velocity increases number of available sites rapidly decreases: 43 sites with V s = 2.0–2.2km∕s, 33 with
V s = 2.2–2.4, 27 with V s = 2.4–2.6, 31 with V s = 2.6–2.8, 16 with V s = 2.8–3.0, 8 with V s = 3.0–3.2 and
3 with V s > 3.2km∕s.
- Select earthquakes based on their magnitudes, horizontal locations and depths and types (crustal, interface
and intraslab). Note that geographical distribution is not homogeneous but it covers whole of Japan.
- Focal depths between 8.58 and 222.25km.
- Also derive model using Mw. Find predictions similar so use prefer MJMA for convenience of application
- Only graphs of coefficients presented.