- Ground-motion model is:
- Use V s,30 to characterise sites.
- Find that effect of faulting mechanism is not statistically significant and hence do not include such terms.
- Response parameter is pseudo-acceleration for 5% damping.
- Derive model for use in study on number of scaled and matched accelerograms required for inelastic
dynamic analyses of structures. Similar goal to Hancock et al. (2008) (see Section 4.167).
- Use PEER NGA West database (Chiou et al., 2008). Only use data with known Mw, rjb and V s,30.
Exclude records from Taiwan to reduce database and prevent the 1813 accelerograms from the 1999
Chi-Chi sequence dominating results. Exclude records with only one component or where either horizontal
component was filtered with high-pass cut-off > 0.33Hz. Dataset is similar to that of Hancock et al. (2008)
(see Section 4.167).
- Note that model is not for general use and hence coefficients not reported.