- See Section 2.364.
- Response parameter is pseudo-acceleration for 5% damping.
- Only use PSAs for T ≤ reciprocal of lowest usable frequency. Do not exclude PSAs based on high-frequency
- At long periods few records in range 5 ≤ Mw ≤ 6.
- Note few PSAs from small events at long periods and hence magnitude-scaling here less well constrained.
- Very few records from NS events at long periods.
- Coefficients generally smooth except for large and small magnitudes at T > 2s, probably due to fewer
records. Hence smoothed h and re-regressed model. Finally computed 11-point running means of resulting
- Note that increase in τ near 0.08s, which is stable in all subsets except Class 1 Californian events for
Mw > 5.5. Do not adjust model because of limited number of large Californian events in database.