- Ground-motion model is:
- Response parameter is acceleration for 5% damping.
- Use V s, which is either V s,30 for the control set DATA_surf or the shear-wave velocity at downhole sensor
V SDH for the other datasets, which assume to be very close to the V s,30 immediately below the downhole
sensor. Use only data from sites with 500 ≤ V s,30 ≤ 1350m∕s (only 13 sites have V s,30 > 1000m∕s).
- Use subset of KiK-net data from Laurendeau et al. (2013) (see Section 2.371).
- Originally use data from 164 different stations but reduce this down by application of criteria.
- Derive model for hard rock sites with V s,30 ≥ 1500m∕s. Use numerical simulations to deconvolve site
response from the surface records to obtain estimates of the outcropping hard rock motions. Apply 2
approaches: 1) correct downhole records for depth or within motion effects (DHcor, 1031 records) and
2) correct surface records using known velocity profile (SURFcor, 765 records). Also derive models for
original surface (DATA_surf, same 1031 records as DHcor) and downhole (DATA_dh, same 1031 records
as DHcor) data as a control. Discuss and test various aspects of these correction procedures (details not
given here due to lack of space).
- Due to limited data in near field of large events and focus on site term use a simple functional form.
- Provide coefficients for the 4 different models in an electronic supplement.