- Ground-motion model is:
where y is in g, C3 = -2.1, C4 = 0.616, C5 = 0.524 and for M ≥ 6.5 C0 = -1.092, C1 = 1.10, C2 = 0
and σ = 0.36 and for M < 6.5 C0 = -0.442, C1 = 1.0, C2 = 0 and σ = 1.27 - 0.14M.
- All records from rock or rock-like sites.
- Separate equation for M < 6.5 and M ≥ 6.5.
- Use only shallow crustal thrust earthquakes.
- Use another database of rock and soil site records and simulated acceleration time histories to find
conversion factors to predict strike-slip and oblique ground motions from the thrust equation given above.
For strike-slip conversion factor is 0.83 and for oblique conversion factor is 0.91.
- Standard deviation, σ, for M ≥ 6.5 from regression whereas σ for M < 6.5 from previous results. Confirm
magnitude dependence of standard deviation using 803 recordings from 124 earthquakes, 3.8 ≤ Mw ≤ 7.4,
D < 100km.