- Ground-motion model is:
where a is in g, b1 = 1.128, b2 = 0.728, b3 = 1.743, b4 = 32km and σ = 0.563 (in terms of ln).
- Use only data from rock sites.
- Focal depths, h, between 0.2 and 97.4km. Most records from h < 30km.
- Also derive equations for PGA using log 10(a) = b1+b2M +b3 log and a = b1eb2M(R+b4eb5M)-b3
in order to have diversity in the characterisation of ground motion.
- Use rhypo because no clear fault ruptures identified for Taiwanese earthquakes.
- All data from SMA-1s.
- PGAs between 7.3 and 360.2cm∕s2.