- Ground-motion model is:
Acc is in cm∕s2, b1 = 534.355, b2 = 0.46087, b3 = -1.14459, c = 25 and σln Acc = 0.72936.
- Data from 141 different sites, which are considered to have average soil conditions.
- Data from Yugoslavia (23 earthquakes), Italy (45 earthquakes), northern Greece (3 earthquakes), Romania
(1 earthquake), Mexico (1 earthquake) and the USA (5 earthquakes). Select earthquakes to have range of
magnitudes and focal depths.
- Data processed using standard procedure.
- Conduct Pearson χ2 and Kolmogorov-Smirnov tests to test acceptability of log-normal assumption using
a 5% significance level. Conclude that assumption is justified.
- Note the strong influence of the data used on results and the need to improve it.