- Ground-motion model is: where a is in g, c1 = -1.038, c2 = 0.220, c3 = -0.00149, c4 = -0.895, h0 = 5.7 and σ = 0.260.
- Investigate equations of PML (1982) and PML (1985) using criteria:
- Is the chosen data set of earthquake strong-motion records suitable to represent the UK seismic
- Are the associated seismological and geophysical parameters used in these reports reliable and
- Is the methodology used to derive attenuation laws and design spectra from the data set reliable?
- Investigate effect of different Ground-motion model, one and two-stage regression technique, record
selection technique and recalculation of associated parameters. Find these choice cause large differences in
- Coefficients given above are for PML (1985) data with recalculated magnitudes and distances and addition
of extra records from some earthquakes.